The OJEA Student Media Olympics is the premiere state contest for secondary media students in Oregon. Enter your students’ best work from the past 12 months to get them the recognition they deserve this school year. Entering the all-digital contest is simple, but it will require some preparation. Read through the information here, and reach out to us with your questions.
The deadline for the 2021 contest was May 3, 2021
Entries must be uploaded by the deadline in order to qualify for judging.
- Adviser must be an OJEA member (as of the 2019-2020 school year)
- Work must have been produced between April 1, 2020 and May 1, 2021
- Work must be student produced
- Work can only be submitted digitally via URL or file upload
- Limit of 5 entries per category, per publication
COST TO PARTICIPATE: All OJEA members receive 10 free entries. Additional entries may be submitted at the cost of $3 per entry.
JUDGING AND RESULTS: Contest entries will be judged by experienced media advisers outside of Oregon and media professionals. Results will be announced at the beginning of May, and award certificates will be mailed directly to participating schools. Results will also be posted to the OJEA website.
READY TO ENTER?
- Start by reviewing the contest categories and selecting your best work.
- Review the guidelines for preparing your contest-ready PDFs.
- Submit a contest registration form (one per publication).
- Upload your entries.